Direct Drive Auto Belay
Secure Checkout With Aerial Adventure Tech
Estimated Time Until Ship:
About: Perfect Descent Direct Drive Auto Belay
The Direct Drive™ Auto Belay from Perfect Descent Climbing Systems features a sealed casing, industry leading price, and is EN compliant. This model is the ideal auto belay solution for applications where speed is not a factor. The Direct Drive™ is perfect for beginner routes, kid zones, and programmed events. Outfit your operation for less!Budget-friendly:
- Perfect Descent is the cost leader in auto belays and boasts the lowest average cost of ownership over the life of the unit.
- The lightweight and compact design equates to lower shipping costs when returning units for factory authorized service and recertification.
- A growing network of factory authorized service centers makes it quick and simple to keep your units in service and on the wall.
Craftsmanship, safety, and innovation:
- Perfect Descent Auto Belays are hand built in Colorado, USA, feature a high-grade stainless steel and aluminum housing (no plastic), and are never mass produced.
- Internal components are made of high-quality materials that stand up to repeated use and require little-to-no maintenance.
- All devices go through rigorous quality assurance before shipping and meet global safety standards.
Versatile and durable device housing:
- Perfect Descents are the lightest and most compact modular auto belay on the market, a key feature for easy hauling and mounting.
- The new multi-point installation handle provides flexible mounting options and independent backup eyes.
- All units are sealed for outstanding performance both indoors and outdoors.
Lanyards to love:
- Easy to replace lanyards take minutes to change and can be performed in the field by the end user.
- Choose from the lanyard length that best meets your needs: 28 ft, 40 ft, or 53 ft (8.5 m, 12.2 m, or 16.1 m).
- High quality nylon webbing is more user-friendly than cable-based systems and won’t damage walls.
- The built-in wear indicator takes the guesswork out of knowing when it’s time to replace your lanyard.
- An anodized aluminum nozzle is integrated with the lanyard for durability and performance.
- Choose from 4 connection options:
- 3-stage aluminum swivel carabiner for corrosive environments or where weight reduction is needed
- 3-stage steel alloy swivel carabiner for durability
- Dual, 2-stage captive pin aluminum carabiners with nylon Y dogbone and integrated swivel (designed for competition use)
- Sewn loop for operator-supplied hardware including Self Belay and Belay Mate connectors. Chosen hardware should incorporate a swivel and must conform to the requirements of EN 362 and/or EN 12275 safety regulations.
NOTE: The user may replace long lanyards with shorter lanyards to accommodate lower mounting heights. Never replace a shorter lanyard with a longer lanyard as the unit will not operate properly. Longer lanyards can only be installed by C3 Manufacturing or an authorized service center.
IMPORTANT: Perfect Descent Auto Belays are designed to be controlled lowering devices used in vertical climbing activities and are not suitable for use in jumping-type activities that create shock loading forces. Repeated shock loading of the device can damage the internal components, and in some cases, may result in failure of the unit. The lanyard should always be equivalent to or greater in length than the anticipated mounting height. Units with excessive lanyard length may experience improper lanyard spooling that can result in jerky or rapid descent. Always select the lanyard that most closely matches the mounting height and avoid using long lanyards on short walls.